Thursday, March 02, 2006

Training starts here ......

I've just completed my initial 4 pre-visits to briefing centres around the National Park and have now been assigned my mentor for my training 'proper'. This will involve 8 training weekends over six months covering everything from the role of the ranger to navigation and first aid. In addition to this every trainee has to visit at least 10 briefing centres which are spread all across the National Park. My first official trip out will be from Marsh Farm near Tittisworth Reservoir in the Staffordshire Moorlands on Sunday. It's a great spot and is close to the Roaches, a popular Peak District climbing area. Great views and well worth a visit if you enjoy walking. Should get some good pictures if there's still some snow about.

No comments: