Sunday, March 19, 2006

Visit 2 - Brunts Barn (Sat 18th March)

Ranger: Graham Chapman
Weather: Cold, overcast, snow on high ground, sunny spells in the afternoon
Start: Chatsworth House
Finish: Chatsworth

Arrived at the very busy Brunts Barn briefing centre, only 20 minutes late this week. There were two other trainees already there and this was the first time I'd met anyone who was going through the course this year. I was 'assigned' to Graham a bit of a gadget man like myself so got on really well and have now got a few more items to add to my wishlist (JetBoil camping kit for my Birthday anyone?).

This wintery weather really does seem to be lingering, or is it just me? This must be the fourth visit I've been on this year where there's still been some snow on the higher ground. It was one of those days where I was really glad that I wore my gaiters as the the melting snow has completely saturated the ground and everywhere's as muddy as anything. We started and finished the patrol from Chatsworth (www.chatsworth.org) walking via Calton Leas, Big Moor, Robin Hood etc


*Wildlife Watch*

No comments: